Volunteers are the heartbeat of our House. Since our facility operates 365 days per year, 24 hours per day, we rely on the support of a team of volunteers to ensure that the needs of our guests are always met. We have opportunities for individuals and groups to join us.
Sign up to Volunteer – CLICK HERE for our Volunteer Application
Be sure to indicate you want to volunteer your time with the Reaud Guest House on the form!
Front Desk Volunteers
From checking in guests to visiting with families, Front Desk Volunteers provide the human touch our guests need. House Volunteers typically volunteer once per week on a four-hour shift. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Checking Guests in and out
- Answering Phones
- Data Entry
- Visiting with guests
- Assisting guests with transportation requests
- Making coffee for families
- Assist with fundraising and community awareness events
- Assist with planning special events
Community Group Volunteers
The House provides a perfect opportunity for Community Groups to get involved! Faith-based organizations, Girl/Boy Scout Troops, families and businesses can all contribute to the needs of our House and our guests. We will gladly work with you to tailor your project to meet the needs and preferences of your group. Community Group projects can be done once or twice per year, once a month, once a week, or as often as your schedule allows! Here are some ways that your group can get involved:
- Provide a home-cooked meal for our Guests
- Although we have a kitchen on site, it does not offer a stove or oven in which to prepare hot meals. The comfort of a home-cooked meal, prepared with love, is sometimes just what our guests need.
- Wish List Parties & Drives
- Help make sure that our kitchen and closets are always full of the household essentials that make our House a home by collecting items from our Wish List.
- Organize holiday events
- Provide Thanksgiving dinner for our guests or plan a Christmas party!